Of the 229 square miles that make up Zion National Park, most visitors spend their time in the long narrow canyon that makes this park so popular. The spectacular reds and oranges of the canyon walls, the greens of plants and trees that seem to sprout out of cracks and crevices, and the blues of sky and water create an unforgettable and much beloved scene. Whether you’re hiking the famous Narrows, Angels Landing, or Emerald Pools trails or simply picnicking in a quiet spot along the river, the grandeur of the canyon surrounds you in a palette of warmth and beauty. This design, filled with the texture and color of the park, takes you from a forest of cottonwood trees, up the canyon walls. to the “desert varnish” that paints the orange sandstone with dark streaks. Near the base of the hat, the Virgin River runs throughout…a reminder of the ever-present force still shaping the canyon today.
One size fits an average adult size head 19" - 22"
Zion Beanie Pattern
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Peekaboo Yarns Merino Worsted and Malabrigo Rios