Inspired by the beautiful Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park, this colorful beanie is worked in the round from the bottom up. The carefully chosen shades represent the spectacular colors of the spring from the grey/white earth of its surroundings to the deep blue in the center, while the fair isle motif itself is a nod to the cold Wyoming winters. An optional wispy white pom pom represents the steam rising from the hot spring. Whether you choose the traditional colors of the magnificent spring itself or another combination of favorite colors, this fair isle pattern knits up fairly quickly and is easy enough for beginners.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern contains stitch and color chart for design with written instructions for casting on and finishing only.
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Other supplies: Stitch marker. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Malabrigo Worsted
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.