If your patriotic summer celebration includes camping in the mountains, a bonfire on the beach, or just a chilly night in your own backyard…it’s time for Star Spangled Beanie. This simple to knit design features classic Americana colors in stars, stripes, and a band of checks. A tri-colored pom-pom tops off the beanie just like fireworks top off a perfect July Fourth celebration.
Fun to wear any time of year!
This fun collboration with indie-dyer (and my daughter) Alyson, of Aly Bee Workshop, is a perfect springtime knit. Wear it now or wear it in the middle of winter when you're ready for a little sunshine in your life.
Star Spangled Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern contains stitch and color chart for design with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles needed: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Aly Bee Workshop Superwash Merino Worsted in Festive, Picnic Weather, and Academia. Malabrigo Rios in Natural.
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.