Walking among trees that are thousands of years old, several yards wide, and so tall you can’t see the tops, definitely inspires a sense of awe and wonder in everyone who sees them. The beautiful Giant Sequoias attract visitors from around the world! This beanie (worked in the round from the bottom up) uses a vertical stitch pattern to create the characteristic reddish-brown bark of these magnificent trees while simple bobbles add a fun texture to the treetops.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Includes stitch and color chart for design along with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds total
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample: Malabrigo Rios, Malabrigo Worsted, Cascade 220 Superwash, Apple Fiber Studio Jonagold (2 strands held together)
This is a great design for using up some of your yarn stash.
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.