The image of a giant saguaro cactus silhouetted against a desert sunset is synonymous with the American west…and rightly so. These giant plants with arms that seem to be reaching for the sky are pictured in nearly every TV show or movie about the old west. This beanie captures that spirit with dark saguaro shapes against the colors of the desert sunset or…on a bright sunny day in springtime.
Optional embroidered blooms added after the knitting is complete.
One pattern, two looks.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Includes stitch and color chart for design along with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds total
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample:
Sunset version: Stunning String Legacy Worsted: Color, Little Black Dress and Malabrigo Rios: Color, Archangel
Daytime version: Aly Bee Workshop Merino Worsted: Color, Fresh Cut and Stunning String Legacy Worsted: Color, Cloudy Sky
Small amounts of yellow and white for embroidering flowers
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.