Gazing up at the tallest trees in the world is humbling, awe-inspiring, breathtaking…and even a little dizzying! Imagine looking up at a 35-story building and you get the idea of how tall they really are. Found only in coastal California near the Oregon border, the Redwoods thrive in the perfect mix of rain, fog, and temperate climate where they live for 500 to 700 years on average…some even up to 2,000! This beanie (worked in the round from the bottom up) uses carefully placed rows of twist stitches to recreate the characteristic “twisted” bark of the redwoods while a simple vertical cable suggests the constant growth of ferns, smaller trees, and berry bushes that create the lush green backdrop of the beautiful forests.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern contains stitch and color chart for design with written instructions for casting on and finishing only.
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Other supplies: Stitch marker. Cable needle. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Forbidden Fiber Company, Gluttonly Worsted
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.