A cross section of a petrified tree reveals a beautiful kaleidoscope of unexpected colors: lavender, red, green, yellow, grey and more. Remarkably, even after millions of years, most logs still maintain the look of bark on the outside. Absolutely fascinating! This beanie (worked in the round from the bottom up) begins with several rows of seed stitch immediately following the ribbing, representing the texture of the “bark” before moving on to the smooth bands of color contained in the body of the hat.
Petrified Forest Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Includes stitch and color chart for design along with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds total
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample: Sugarbush Bliss, Cascade 220 Superwash Effects, Malabrigo Rios
Another great design for using up some colors in your yarn stash.
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.