A visit to the cliff dwellings carved high into the protected sandstone alcoves of these canyon walls in Colorado is like stepping back in time. The Ancestral Pueblo people who occupied these cliffside communities for generations left behind pottery, tools, and
other evidence of skilled workers of every kind. This fun-to-knit
hat gets its inspiration not from the cliff dwellings themselves, but
from the elaborately decorated black-on-white pottery left behind by the people who lived there.
Mesa Verde Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern contains stitch and color chart for design with written instructions for casting on and finishing only.
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Malabrigo Rios, colors Natural and Plomo
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.