Beneath nearly 53,000 acres of woods, river valleys, and rolling hills in Kentucky lies the longest known cave system in the world. With massive individual caverns and over 400 miles of passageways mapped so far, this park has definitely earned its name. Visitors of all ages can walk next to an underground river, gaze upon beautiful cave formations, wonder at archaeological finds, scramble up and down hills, and even experience total darkness. Using only 2 colors, this design begins with an easy to knit pattern representing the dozens of stairways found in the park. A simple band of stockinette stitch leads into randomly placed bobbles reminiscent of the gypsum formations found on the ceiling of the famous Snowball Room.
One size fits an average adult size head 19" - 22"
Mammoth Cave Beanie Pattern
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Malabrigo Rios in Fog and Glitter