Visitors to Kings Canyon are greeted by groves of giant sequoias before entering the spectacular glacially carved canyon with huge granite walls that tower up to 4000 feet. A single curvy road takes visitors on a precipitous and scenic journey to a place of adventure and outdoor beauty. Inspired by tall granite walls and a hike near Kings River dotted with boulders, this design features earthy colors in simple stranded knitting. Three shades of grey give the illusion of layers of canyon walls and mountains viewed further and further away.
One size fits an average adult size head 19" - 22"
Kings Canyon Beanie Pattern
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Aly Bee Workshop, Peekaboo Yarns, and Malabrigo