Aside from protecting the world’s most extensive Permian fossil reef, Guadalupe Mountains offers up canyons, forests, dunes, mountains, and incredible dark skies. From the snakes and lizards of the desert floor to the bears and elk in the mountains, the wildlife is as diverse as the terrain. A strenuous hike to the top of Guadalupe Peak (the highest point in Texas) rewards hikers with a breathtaking view – a view from the “Top of Texas”.
Inspired by the patterns and rich colors of the Southwest, the bottom half of this design features stranded knitting with duplicate stitch accents. The top half features subtle vertical texture, representative of iconic El Capitan and Guadalupe Peaks.
One size fits an average adult size head 19" - 22"
Guadalupe Mountains Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Peekaboo Yarns Merino Worsted, Aly Bee Workshop Merino Worsted, Stunning String Studio Legacy Worsted, and Malabrigo Rios.
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.