Inspired by the geologic wonder and beauty of the most famous canyon in the world, this beanie takes its cue from the many layers and textures of the canyon walls which change color as the sun moves across the sky. Using simple combinations of knits and purls, this fun-to-knit hat is worked in the round from the bottom up.
This pattern calls for 5 colors of yarn, but you will not use the entire skein of any one color.
Grand Canyon Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Includes stitch and color chart for design along with written instructions for casting on and finishing only.
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds total
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Effects
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.