Of the 700+ lakes found within the forests and mountains of Glacier National Park, the colorful stones lining the shore of beautiful Lake McDonald make it one of the most photographed. This beanie uses subdued colors and smooth stitches to capture the serenity of the scene from colorful pebbles on the shore and in shallow water, to the deeper blue of the lake, mountain reflection, mountains, and sky…resulting in an overall sense of tranquility.
Glacier Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern contains stitch and color chart for design with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Western Sky Knits Merino Worsted 17 in colors Bliss, Fallen, North Sea and Peppered
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.