The iconic Gateway Arch commemorates St. Louis' role in the westward expansion of the United States during the 19th century. At 630 feet tall, the arch is covered in dozens of stainless-steel panels that gleam in the sun and create an interesting checkerboard-type pattern. For more than 5 decades, millions of families have posed for souvenir photos at the base of this impressive monument. Using 4 different shades of silvers and greys, this beanie recreates the subtle rectangle pattern of the arch while simple embroidered stick figures pose for a photo at the base.
Gateway Arch Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Peekaboo Yarns Merino Worsted and Malabrigo Rios
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.