The tangled stilt-like root system of the mangrove forests growing at the water’s edge is one of the most recognizable features of the Everglades. The nearly still water surface creates a mirrored image of sky, clouds, and trees with only the dark soil line to separate reality from reflection. Whether it is worked in the traditional colors of the mangrove forests or something else entirely, the mirror image design of this beanie creates a fun and unusual take on fair isle knitting.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Includes stitch and color chart for design along with written instructions for casting on and finishing only.
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds total
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash and Superwash Effects, Shalimar Yarns 100% SW Merino (undyed), and Malabrigo Rios
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.