A visit to Dry Tortugas (70 miles off the coast of Key West) feels like a step back in time. This remote park encompasses 100 miles of open water with 7 small islands, including Garden Key, home of the world famous and historic Fort Jefferson. Using simple stitch techniques, this design takes you from the deep blue and aquamarine waters, to the moat wall and brick fort, up to a clear blue sky. Rows of green represent the grass on the roof while carefully placed decreases hint at the hexagon shape of the fort.
Dry Tortugas Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in samples: Peekaboo Yarns Superwash Merino, Malabrigo Rios, Mrs. Crosby Steamer Trunk, Stunning String Studio Legacy Worsted, and Queensland Rustic Tweed.
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.