An up-close visit to the Great Smoky Mountains reveals a rugged and beautiful landscape of thundering waterfalls, clear streams, lush forests, abundant wildlife, and giant boulders.
But … when viewed from a distance, this ancient range of tree covered mountains extending to the horizon is a study in subtle texture and gradient hues enveloped in a constant fog that visually softens the landscape. This beanie is worked from the bottom up using a variety of textured stitch patterns separated by narrow bands of stockinette stitch. The slight fuzziness of FAR yarn “visually softens the landscape” of the beanie, reminiscent of the namesake haze of the park.
Great Smoky Mountains Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Written instructions. No Chart.
- Yarn: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 6 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7.
- Other supplies: Stitch marker. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample: Woolfolk FAR
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.