Carlsbad Caverns is home to some of the largest and longest caves in the world, More than 119 in total! Drip by drip, over the course of a million years, beautiful and unusual formations built up within the caverns. These formations, with names like soda straws, draperies, ribbons, lily pads, shelves (and of course stalagmites and stalactites), grow on the floor and ceiling…and sometimes meet in the middle. Using a variety of fun cables and patterns, your hat will grow its own interesting formations, stitch by stitch. When cave formations meet knitting…fun things are bound to happen.
Carlsbad Caverns Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and stitch chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers, cable needle, and apestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn shown: Lion Brand Heartland, Color: 123 Great Sand Dunes. One skein, approx. 200 yards
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.