This beautiful gem in Colorado may be one of the lesser known national parks, but it contains some of the deepest, steepest, and most spectacular canyons and cliffs in the country. A perfect example of “art created by nature”, the famous Painted Wall, with its dark grey Precambrian cliffs striped with pinkish colored bands of pegmatite, stands nearly 1000 feet taller than the Empire State Building! This beanie (worked in the round from the bottom up) features nature inspired semi-solid colors with just a hint of sparkle to represent the mica found in the pink layers.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Includes stitch and color chart for design along with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn: DK weight, approximately 220 yds total
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 4 and 6. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 6.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up.
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
Yarn used in sample: Anzula Cricket and Lucero
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.