There’s a place in west Texas where the desert meets the mountains, rivers carve majestic canyons, night skies sparkle with millions of stars, and (in early spring after the rain) bluebonnets line the roadsides and turn the hillsides blue. This is Big Bend! Knit in the round from the bottom up, this beanie features rich colors from the desert floor and bluebonnet fields to the browns and golds of the subtly textured mountains. Simple embroidery stitches add dimension and even more color to the beloved state flowers of Texas.
Big Bend Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in samples: Stunning Strings Legacy Worsted Superwash Merino and Aly Bee Workshop Superwash Merino Worsted.
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.