The Badlands are a perfect example of the rugged beauty that millions of years of geologic activity along with the effects of rain and wind can create. The colorful and fossil rich layers and weathered formations reveal the history of a land transformed from inland seas and waterways to what we see today. This beanie (worked in the round from the bottom up) uses stranded colorwork and crossover stitches to represent both the layers and the distinct pointed formations. The Badlands colorway was inspired by the dust swirling up into the blue sky.
Badlands Beanie Pattern
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 21"
- One size.
- Pattern contains stitch and color chart for design with written instructions for casting on and finishing only
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds.
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Big Sky Yarns Merino Worsted in Badlands and Tennessee Whiskey
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.