65 million years of incredible geologic forces and the power of erosion have sculpted a landscape in Utah that seems impossible. Over 2000 stone arches spanning distances up to 300 feet stand among pillars, fins, pinnacles, and balancing rocks. The contrast of bright green trees and shrubs against red orange rock and blue skies have entranced hikers and campers for generations, bringing a feeling of awe and wonder not easily forgotten. Featuring a color as warm as the sunsets that grace the landscape, this beanie uses cable stitches to create a double arch embossed against a subtly textured backdrop of rows of knits and purls. Blue sky peeks through arches in the distance.
One size fits an average adult size head 19" - 22"
Arches Beanie Pattern
Note: This is a digital download PDF file. You will receive a link to download your pattern immediately after purchase.
- Knitted hat fits average adult size head 19" to 22"
- One size.
- Pattern includes instructiona and color coded chart.
- Yarn needed: worsted weight, approximately 200 yds
- Needles: 16" circular needles in U.S. size 5 and 7. Double pointed needles in U.S. size 7 (or size needed for gauge).
- Other supplies: Stitch markers. Tapestry needle.
- Worked in the round from the bottom up
Yarn used in sample: Aly Bee Workshop in Canyon and Glass Slipper